Health Facilities Scotland has launched a suite of workbooks to help staff in NHSScotland Facilities Services demonstrate that they have the essential knowledge and skills needed to help deliver safe, effective and person-centred healthcare. Developed in partnership between HFS and Facilities Advisory Groups with support from NHS Education for Scotland (NES), the new workbooks are designed for staff working in catering, portering, linen and security services.
For each of these services, the HFS Workbooks provide:
- A workbook for the individual staff member, focusing on the key knowledge
- and skills required for effective work in their service area
- A Manager’s Guide to support the line manager or supervisor who is supporting the individual in the workplace
The workbooks can be used to:
- plan development opportunities for new members of staff
- help experienced staff members identify where they might need refresher training
- demonstrate that all staff in the service area have the knowledge and skills they need to work safely and effectively, wherever they are working in NHSScotland.
These workbooks are available to download below
Details on the Managers Guides can be found here.