National Services Scotland is committed to meeting the needs and preferences of our diverse customers and stakeholders. We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website.
We make the utmost efforts to maintain the accessibility of this website, but if you spot a problem or have any comments on our site please contact us online or tel: 0141 207 1600.
This website is built to recognise standards
We've built this site to conform to W3C standards for XHTML and CSS, and we strive to achieve a A (single) accessibility rating against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG). This means our site will be accessible by the widest range of devices and users now and in the future. The achievement of a AA (double) accessibility rating will be built into future developments.
If you find a problem with our site please contact us so that we can fix it.
Skipping to the page's content
The content of each page can be accessed quickly by following the 'skip to content' link found at the start of each page. You may also skip to the start of the page content at any time by using the shortcut key "S". The following section describes how to use keyboard shortcuts in most browsers.
Using our site's keyboard shortcuts (access keys)
Access keys provide alternative navigation without using a mouse. This site uses the following access keys:
- 0 – Accessibility and Access Key details
- 1 – Home page
- 6 – Contact/Help
- n – Jump to main navigation of current page
- s – Jump to main content of current page
To use keyboard shortcuts:
- Internet Explorer, hold down the ALT key, press the number of the access key, release both keys then press ENTER.
- Firefox, hold down the ALT key and press the number of the access key.
- Chrome, hold ALT and press the shortcut key
- Opera, hold down the SHIFT key and press ESCAPE, release both keys, then press the shortcut key
- Safari, hold ALT and press the shortcut key
Please refer to your browser help for other browsers.
How to resize the text in your browser
If you find that the text is too small for you to read, you can change it to a size you're more comfortable with:
- Internet Explorer: use the View > Text Size menu.
- Netscape 6+: use the View > Text Zoom menu.
- Opera: use the Zoom selector.
- Firefox and other Mozilla browsers: use the View > Increase Text Size option.
- Safari: use the View > Make Text Bigger option.
If you use a wheel-mouse, you may be able to change the text size by holding down the Control or Command key and turning the wheel. In some browsers you can change the text size using Control or Command and the + and - keys.
For further information on customising your browser and making the web easier to use the BBC has produced My Web My Way guidance. This provides accessibility help, enabling computer users to make the most of the internet whatever their ability or disability.
All of our pages are able to be printed
Our pages should print well without the need for a separate print version. Just use your browser's normal print function.
The owners of this website are not responsible for content or accessibility of external links.
Help us to help you
While we have made every effort to keep our website accessible, problems may still arise. We are committed to addressing any accessibility issues promptly. If you encounter any difficulties using this site please let us know. Contact us online or tel: 0141 207 1600.